The education system in Russia is known to be the most developed and advanced system in the world. The number of international students traveling for Russia has constantly gone up. Russia is one of the most popular destinations for international students for pursuing MBBS right from the Soviet Era.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO)’s & Directory of World Medical Schools, Russia occupies almost 30 positions amongst the global top 100 ranking Medical Universities. MBBS in Russia is a preferred choice for International students because of the reasonable fee structure when compared to other western countries. High quality of education with low/affordable cost is one of the main reasons for choosing Russia for MBBS..
There are about 57 medical universities in Russia. Some of these universities provide MBBS in English Medium. Graduates from these Medical Universities are presently working in the leading Hospitals across the globe. Kazan Federal University is one of the largest and the second oldest universities situated on the border of Eastern and Western cultures for more than 200 years. It is a public institution founded in 1804 by the initiative of Emperor Alexander I. Currently it ranks 370 in the QS World University Ranking and 601 in the world university ranking.
KFU has over 2500 lecturers and researchers, 300 Bachelor’s, Specialist, and Master’s Degree Programmes and Postgraduate Programmes, and has almost 40 years of experience in teaching international students. There are about 33 modern laboratories which make KFU a national research center..
Number of Departments in Kazan Federal University:
There are eight departments,
- Department of human health
- Department of biotechnology, hygiene, and public health
- Department of morphology and general pathology
- Department of emergency medicine and simulation medicine
- Department of dentistry and implantology
- Department of fundamental principles of clinical medicine
- Department of surgery, obstetrics, and gynecology
- Department of pharmacy anatomical museum
KFU has its own criteria for eligibility of admission, that an applicant must have:
- A 12th class mark sheet (minimum of 60% marks in chemistry, physics, and biology).
- Must be a National Eligibility Entrance Test [NEET] qualified.
- Candidates must be 17 years old by December 31 of that year of admission.
Documents required for application:
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- Application form
- Valid passport
- NEET result
- Document to support the financial stability of the student.
Fee Structure Of Kazan Medical University:
A MBBS course of six years duration will cost approximately $36,000 (approx, INR. 264,000).
Recognition Of Degrees:
The Medical Degree from Kazan Federal University is recognized globally. It is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools and also recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and Medical Council of India (MCI). After completing six years of MBBS course, the student receives a ‘Doctor of Medicine [MD]’ degree. This degree is equivalent to MBBS in India.
Advantages of studying MBBS in KFU:
- Provides a proper environment for research and development
- Medical degrees are recognized globally
- It is recognized by WHO, NMC, UNESCO, and the Ministry of Education and Science
- Tuition fee is economical
- Cost of living is affordable
- Provides a great opportunity to work during and even after completing Medical education
- Provides hostel facilities for students
- Organizes various multicultural events for international students
It is one of the best universities in Russia that provides high-quality education in different medical fields. It is in the global top 80 for engineering – petroleum, and in the top 400 for mathematics, physics, and astronomy. University has made many specialists in different fields of medicine for many years. If you are planning to study MBBS in Russia, consult the International Training & Consulting Service, the best MBBS abroad consultant who can help you to plan your future goal of pursuing MBBS abroad.